Thursday, April 14, 2011

#Wjchat

Wjchat...is that a type-o?

No its not. It's the latest new tool for journalists. It's a discussion board on Twitter that lets journalists and social media enthusiasts discuss what they love.

I did some extra credit for my Digital News Gathering class yesterday (Wednesday, April 13) where I had to participate in the discussion.

I participated and loved what I saw! It was amazing seeing journalists from all over the country talk about journalism and where it's going today. It made me really excited to see what @verbalcupcake was saying about social media and many others.

Although I was new to this new discussion I decided to comment on what I thought engagement was or how one measures success. Although no one retweeted my response I had a lot of fun watching and participating.

Go out and join, every Wednesday from 5pm-7pm.

I also wrote about #wjchat on Storify.com. http://storify.com/listentolissy/wjchat

No comments:

Post a Comment