Friday, August 19, 2011

I'm back

OH BLOG HOW I'VE MISSED YOU.

I remember hearing a quote along the lines of "Some girls write in their diaries while the others are too busy living to write". It was something like that but you get the picture. I feel like that's why I haven't been blogging this summer. I've been too busy having fun, hanging out with my friends and of course getting my fix of pop culture whenever I have time.

Let's see what's new. Hmm...well I finally got a new laptop. Its not just any laptop but a MacBook Pro!! YAY! After years of begging that I need it, which I do, I finally got it. I've been working hard on making movies for my internship, messing around with GarageBand and of course just exploring this thing that is sooo different from my PC. I'm in love people.

Speaking of my internship, today is my final day. I am leaving my desk at the Gilroy Dispatch and heading back into the city on Saturday. I have learned so much from this whole experience here. Everyone told me this internship will throw me into a new experience different from the classes I've taken at SF State of course. I have done my fair share of briefs, movies and actually wrote some interesting stories. Thank goodness I had this opportunity to show what I've been learning and prove that although I am still learning, I know a lot too. Oh and for the record I didn't run arrands or get coffee for anyone! YAY for not being a slave.

As this summer is dwindling down I can't help but think...where did the time go. I love being home for 3 months. Hanging out with my friends, family and boyfriend was amazing. Now I head back to the city as a junior and continue my studies. This is definitely bittersweet. I'm glad to see my friends at school but I'm also sad to leave some behind at home. Luckily for me, home is about an hour and a half away so I can come home whenever Jude (my car) has gas.

Anyways enough ranting. School starts soon and I'm ready to roll with my new notebooks. See you on Tuesday SF State, I hope you haven't changed too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment