Sunday, March 13, 2011

I Stumbled Upon Stumbleupon.com

How it happened: my roommate Megan was telling me about all these cool things she found on a website called Stumbleupon.com. She had been making these different types of dinners and snacks for the past few days. There was the...interesting cream cheese chicken (well I found it interesting, she liked it) and there was the chocolate cake made out of a hot chocolate package.

It was weird all these things she was finding. As some may know, I am intrigued by anything weird. I watched her look things up on Stumbleupon.com and found some intersting pictures, exercised, recipes and quotes. I WAS HOOKED!

I downloaded the free Stumbleupon app on my iPhone and created an account. The first thing I did was pick the topics I wanted to stumble upon. My list: celebrities, clothing, environment, fashion, fitness, food/cooking, health, humor, movies, music, nature, photography, quotes and relationships. What can I say, I like a wide range of things.


< This is a screen shot from my iPhone of a hourglass, the lower level has writing in it that says "act now before its too late".

As I "Stumbled" I could either like or dislike with the thumbs up and thumbs down symbols at the top of my app. After I'm done with each page I Stumbleupon I click the green and blue sphere on the upper right hand corner of the screen with Stumbleupon's signature SU symbol.

I found myself "stumbling" for hours and hours, I even posted the ones I found most interesting on my Facebook wall.

I have found my newest obsession...I hope I can focus on other stuff from time to time or I'll be stumbling into being anti-social. Everyone should checkout Stumbleupon.com and see what kinds of intriguing things fall into your lap.


< This one is my favorite so far! It says "LOVE take as much as you need"

No comments:

Post a Comment